Who are the top 10 celebrity lawyers? If you’re a regular viewer of Inside Edition or TMZ, you’ll probably be familiar with these:
- Celebrity attorney Mark Geragos is a frequent figure in the news. He has served as counsel to several high-profile celebrities including Michael Jackson, Chris Brown and Winona Ryder.
- Gloria Allred has been long recognized for her work to improve civil rights and equality. Whether helping gay couples challenge marriage laws or representing celebrity clients like the Nicole Brown Simpson family, Allred has proven herself in the legal community and is viewed as one of the leading female attorneys in America.
- Former prosecutor turned defense attorney Leslie Abramson is best known for defending music producer Phil Spector against allegations of murder. She also was a legal commentator during the O.J. Simpson murder trial.
- Entertainment lawyer Allen Grubman is known for representing successful recording artists and record companies. Some of his clients have included Mariah Carey, Jennifer Lopez, Madonna and Billy Joel.
- Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz is one of the leading attorneys helping to ensure civil liberties are protected. Some of the celebrity clientele he has represented include Mike Tyson, Patricia Hurst, Jim Bakker, Leona Helmsley and celebrity attorney F. Lee Bailey.
- Matrimonial Law Attorney and multiple book author Raoul Felder has represented celebrities Rudy Giuliani, Robin Givens, and the former spouses of Martin Scorsese, Carl Sagan, Patrick Ewing and Tom Clancy. In addition, he has contributed to the legal community by serving as author, educator and guest speaker.
- A Certified Family Law Specialist, attorney Stacy D. Phillips has represented celebrities and their former spouses including recording artist Bobby Brown, former baseball player Daryl Strawberry and has served as counsel to some of the conservators involved with musical talent, Britney Spears.
- Martin Garbus is a recognized Civil Law Attorney specializing in cases involving First Amendment issues. Some of the high-profile clients he has represented include Cesar Chavez, Richard Gere, Spike Lee, Nelson Mandela and Al Pacino.
- Serving as counsel for many celebrities, corporations and the United States Government, Trial Attorney David Boies has worked on many high-profile, legal issues; most notably representing former Vice President Al Gore and New York Yankees Owner George Steinbrenner.
- Legal Zoom co-founder and trial attorney Robert Shapiro’s name is most often associated with his role as co-counsel during the O.J. Simpson murder trial. Shapiro’s other celebrity clients include Johnny Carson, Phil Spector and several former Major League Baseball players.
Make sure you check out our article on What is a Celebrity Lawyer?